Re: Measuring a session's performance

From: Paul Osborn <posborn_at_menlosoftware.com>
Date: 1997/12/03

--------------42127FDA2BABF38427448673

Nabil Courdy wrote:

> I want to be able to collect the following stats for the
> duration of an Oracle session:
>
> Elapsed time
> No. of Physical IO reads and writes
> No. of Logical IO reads and writes
> SGA hit/miss ratio
> CPU consumption

I have some queries on my web page - http://www.menlosoftware.com - that will return the above stats. Alter them to insert a row into a temp table, put them into a procedure, and call the procedure whenever you need to gather the data.

Regards,
Paul

> What is the universal way to fetch this info. I know I can
> look into the v$filestat and the utlbstat and utlestat to arrive
> at an abundance of performance data. However, I am after
> a straight forward solution since I am benchmarking Oracle
> under different variables and I do not want to run these
> utilities at the end of each sample run.
>
> Thank you.
>
> Nabil
> moab_at_emirates.net.ae
> =================

--------------42127FDA2BABF38427448673

begin:          vcard
fn:             Paul Osborn
n:              Osborn;Paul
org:            Menlo Software
adr:            744 College Avenue;;;Menlo Park;CA;94025-5204;US
email;internet: posborn_at_menlosoftware.com
title:          Founder
tel;work:       650.324.1286
tel;fax:        650.324.1287

x-mozilla-cpt: ;0