ORADIM in 8.03

From: allen lucas <alucus_at_concentric.net>
Date: 1997/11/26

We are running ORA WGS 7.2.2.4.9 on NT 4.0.

I have exported a database, eliminated the ORACLE instance, database files, and services. I then reinstalled ORACLE 8.0. On install, the ORCL database was created. I do not want this instance name or default directories, so I have eliminated this as well.

I want to import the exported data. Previously, I would now have created the instances with ORADIM72, copied over the init file, mounted, created a control file, and opened the database. I would then have imported data. I am stuck at the ORADIM72 step, as ORADIM80 does not seem to exist. Which tool should I be using to create the database using my INIT file. Also, this assumes the INIT file is transferrable from ORACLE 7.2 to ORACLE 8.0.

Thanks.

\\||// / \ Flirtin with disaster every day. []--[] @ /\ @ {----} ^^ alucus_at_concentric.net