Oracle Names Setup - Help!

From: Manisha Handa <mhanda_at_ssax.com>
Date: 1997/11/19

--------------2C0982796FD56F7F4D815E07

Hello everyone,
Am trying to set up the Oracle Names Server in our environment, and could
use some help from the experts.

Unfortunately, am not able to locate the Network Manager on the client software
for NT! Therefore, am going to resort to hand-editting the configuration files!
God help us all!

Could someone send me a sample of the names.ora and the sqlnet.ora files?

If someone could narrate the basic steps to go about this process and the pitfalls
to watch out for...I'd really appreciate it.

Thanking you,
In anticipation...

Manisha

--------------2C0982796FD56F7F4D815E07

<HTML>

Hello everyone,
<BR>Am trying to set up the Oracle Names Server in our environment,&nbsp;
and could
<BR>use some help from the experts.

<P>Unfortunately,&nbsp; am not able&nbsp; to locate the Network Manager
on the client software
<BR>for NT! Therefore, am going to resort to hand-editting the configuration
files!
<BR>God help us all!

<P>Could someone send me a sample of the names.ora and the sqlnet.ora files?

<P>If someone could narrate the basic steps to go about this process and
the pitfalls
<BR>to watch out for...I'd really appreciate it.

<P>Thanking you,
<BR>In anticipation...

<P>Manisha

&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;</HTML>