Re: How could I shut down remote machine normally?

From: Michael Serbanescu <mserban_at_postoffice.worldnet.att.net>
Date: 1997/10/25

That's because every time you insert into the remote table through the database link, you establish a connection/session into the remote database. That connection is still active when you try to shutdown normal the remote instance.

Try this: insert into your application, right after the COMMIT, the following statement:

ALTER SESSION CLOSE DATABASE LINK link_name;

Now you should be able to "SHUTDOWN NORMAL" the remote instance.

Hope this helps.

Michael Serbanescu