*** Index on a Primary Key ????

From: <.>
Date: 1997/10/23

Hello Everybody,

I am trying to create an index on a primary key that's a part of combined primary keys (which are all indexed as multiple index ofcoarse). When I type the command

CREATE INDEX xyz_idx on Table_Name (col_name);

This gives me an error message saying that the index already exists, how can I execlude the column I'm trying to create the index on, from the multiple index set on it by the DBA as a part of a combined primary key ??

I don't have the privilage (as a client) to drop and recreate an index on the multiple index that already exists (that was defined by the DBA) I only have the privilage to create a new index in the default table space.

I would really appreciate your reply. Thanks.

Elhamy Received on Thu Oct 23 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT