How could I shut down remote machine normally?

From: Lan Zhang <zlan_at_acsatlanta.com>
Date: 1997/10/24

Hi,

I have a table (TAB_local) in local machine which has a insert-trigger associated with. A application inserts a record into this table (TABLE_local) which fires insert-trigger to insert the record into a table (TABLE_remote) in remote machine. The application commits work, and the new record is inserted in both TABLE_local and TABLE_remote successfully. Then, the remote machine could not be shut down normally unless the application in local machine is killed.

Is that because the remote machine does not know the transaction is committed? Or what is hunging to make the connection between local and remote still open? How could I get around this problem?

The connection beween the local and remote machines are created by using:

  create public database link

Tables on both sides are associated by:

  create public synonym

The database I am using is ORACLE 7.1.6.2.0 on HP_UX 9.0.4.

Any response would be appreciated.

Zlan Received on Fri Oct 24 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT