Need help about optimizing SGA under VMS6.2

From: Vedran Kanizaj <vedran.kanizaj_at_hpt.hr>
Date: 1997/10/16

I'm upgrading memory on Alpha 1000A , from 128MB to 256 MB running Oracle7.I have a problem when I want to enlarge the SGA. Currently the SGA uses 32 MB,but when I try to go beyond 32MB then I'receive the following message: ORA -07639 smscre:SGA pad AREA not large enough. I've tried to enlarge gblsections from 800 to 1600 and gblpages from 300000 to 600000, but the result stand the same. I would be very thankfull for some advice about it. Thanks in advance ! Received on Thu Oct 16 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT