Re: Need help about optimizing SGA under VMS6.2

From: Craig M. Wall <cwall_at_petersons.com>
Date: 1997/10/16

You may still have to adjust the global pages & sections using autogen and modparams.dat entries after you have relinked the oracle kernel and adjusted the size of the SGA Pad (process address space). To relink the kernel...
Shutdown oracle
then remove installed images with
$remoracle
Run the installation script
$ oracleins
From the installation startup menu
Choose to reconfigure existing products
Take the defaults <return> on the directory and save set options Choose software installation and upgrade menu Select build configurations
Select RDBMS to upgrade it's configuration Modify the value of the Size of SGA Pad (KBytes) parameter re-Build the RDBMS and wait while it relinks The kernel can now address more VMS memory so fill it up by enlarging the SGA parameters in init.ora.

Craig M. Wall

Vedran Kanizaj wrote in message <625kav$oed_at_argos.tel.hr>...
>I'm upgrading memory on Alpha 1000A , from 128MB to 256 MB running
 Oracle7.I