Re: PL/SQL development tools

From: Tomm Carr <tommcatt_at_ix.netcom.com>
Date: 1997/09/29

--------------96353BA46A8099896BCE5159

Borivoj Tydlitat wrote:

> Please, has anybody a positive experience with development tools for
> server-side PL/SQL code?
>
> We are working on a large project implemented in PL/SQL packages.
> We use Platinum SQLStation Coder v. 2.0.1, that seems to be a very
> unstable product, crashing all the time. We were not able to use its
> debugger at all except the most trivial test examples. But it is the
> only tool that shows us PL/SQL compilation errors. We use it, but we had
> to give up debugger and use for debugging our own tracing package only.

The two best that I have worked with is SQL-Programmer and SQL-Navigator, the best (in my opinion) being SQL-Navivgator. I don't have the link available here at home, but if you do a search on "sql-navigator download" I'm sure you'll find it.

Tomm Carr
----- ----
The problem with getting it right the first time is that no one really appreciates how difficult is was!

--------------96353BA46A8099896BCE5159

begin:          vcard
fn:             Tomm Carr
n:              Carr;Tomm
org:            Home
adr;dom:        ;;14008 La Cuarta;Whittier;CA;90602;
email;internet: tommcatt_at_ix.netcom.com
tel;work:       714.850.7627
tel;home:       562.696.3162
note:           This is my home address

x-mozilla-cpt: ;0