Client/Server - Desktop

From: Vladimir <102121.2556_at_CompuServe.COM>
Date: 1997/09/26

Hi !

My company running Novell NetWare4 (200 users licence) and Windows 95 is installed for each user.
For creating database applications I am currently using Paradox tables, Borland BDE engine and Delphi.

I always was looking to start Client/Server development instead of just Desktop database programming and finally ice has been melted. My boss agreed to buy and install Oracle 7 Workgroup Server for NetWare.
But in order to get a budget for Oracle I have to write a memo explaining to the BIG BOSS why we need to switch to client\server: pluses of Client/Server over Desktop DataBases : capacity, speed, ....

Maybe you guys already have something like this in your files. Could you e-mail it to me so I can join Oracle community.

Would very much appreciate your help !

Please reply via E-Mail.
Regards, Vladimir 102121,2556_at_compuserve.com Received on Fri Sep 26 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT