Re: strange pro*c error message!

From: John Strange <jstrange_at_imtn.dsccc.com>
Date: 1997/08/13

well the .c tells you about where the error might be. I would put a

#IF 0
#ENDIF around the following blocks of code until it goes through the precompiler. Then start moving the #ENDIF up until it breaks the precompiler.

You may have to move the #IF up because of mismatched quotes or what not.

Ken Frank (kenf_at_tiny.net) wrote:
: I'm hoping someone out there can offer some assistance:

: I'm converting a huge/ugly/kludgy Ingres ESQLC program
: over to Oracle PRO*C, and after days of tediously fixing
: up all the Ingres-specific date arithmetic, converting
: select-loops to cursors, and all the other non-portable
: stuff in it, finally got around to compiling it.

: Now, when I run `proc', I get the following error message:

: Previous errors prevent continued compilation.
: Please correct reported errors and then recompile. (Code = 40701)

: Unfortunately, there aren't any "reported" errors. I've been
: doing this Ingres->Oracle conversion stuff for months now,
: but this is the first time I've seen anything like this.
: Can anyone offer some suggestions on what to look for?
: I noticed two temporary files with funny names but the
: same time-stamp, the first (.cud) contains a "static short"
: structure, while the second appears to be the start of the
: normal .c code that proc spits out when it is done.
: The last statement in this file is roughly 2/3 of the
: way through the original .pc file (which is about 4000
: lines long).

: Thanks in advance!
: Ken Frank
: kenf_at_tiny.net

--
This posting represents the personal opinions of the author. It is not the
official opinion or policy of the author's employer. Warranty expired when you