Re: strange pro*c error message!

From: Ken Frank <kenf_at_tiny.net>
Date: 1997/08/15

>: Previous errors prevent continued compilation.
>: Please correct reported errors and then recompile. (Code = 40701)

The problem is that a procedure was retrieving values into some int and double pointers. I don't recall reading that this was not kosher in our manual...

code example:
int proc_will_break(int *oops)
{

    exec sql begin declare section;

        int *ptr = oops;
    exec sql end declare section;

    select 1 into :*ptr from dual;
}

No, it's not my favorite style of coding, but the particular program I'm converting has a ton of that sort of thing. At least now I know what's happening!

Cheers,
Ken Frank Received on Fri Aug 15 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT