strange pro*c error message!

From: Ken Frank <kenf_at_tiny.net>
Date: 1997/08/13

I'm hoping someone out there can offer some assistance:

I'm converting a huge/ugly/kludgy Ingres ESQLC program over to Oracle PRO*C, and after days of tediously fixing up all the Ingres-specific date arithmetic, converting select-loops to cursors, and all the other non-portable stuff in it, finally got around to compiling it.

Now, when I run `proc', I get the following error message:

  Previous errors prevent continued compilation.   Please correct reported errors and then recompile. (Code = 40701)

Unfortunately, there aren't any "reported" errors. I've been doing this Ingres->Oracle conversion stuff for months now, but this is the first time I've seen anything like this. Can anyone offer some suggestions on what to look for? I noticed two temporary files with funny names but the same time-stamp, the first (.cud) contains a "static short" structure, while the second appears to be the start of the normal .c code that proc spits out when it is done. The last statement in this file is roughly 2/3 of the way through the original .pc file (which is about 4000 lines long).

Thanks in advance!
Ken Frank
kenf_at_tiny.net Received on Wed Aug 13 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT