Re: Help in Installation of Oracle 7.3.3 on Sun Sparc Solaris 2.5.1

From: SatarNag <satarnag_at_aol.com>
Date: 1997/08/11

11-AUG-1997 Dear Rajs,
we too are about to install 7.3.3.0.2 on Sun SParc 2.5.1, I've downloaded the Sun recommended patches (includeing 103640-09 that Oracle 7.3.3.0.2 requires). If you come across any resolution to your problem, please pass them along to me.
I am new to Oracle (experience wise), but does page 3-3 (Shared Memory Parameters) of the Oracle 7 installation guide (release 7.3.3 for Sun SPARC Solaris 2.x) help any? If you ned for me to fax you a copy of the page, respond to me with your fax number. Thank You,
Satar Naghshineh
SatarNag_at_aol.com
>Hi Everyone!!!
>I am facing a very unique problem. Our installation of ORacle 7.3.3 on
 Sun
>SParc
>Solaris 2.5.1 is running into problems.
>After the default installation, we have found the 4 mandatory processes
>DBWR, SMON, PMON and LGWR take around 26M of memory. This is creating a
>bottle-neck for us.
>Are there any tuning parameters to reduce this high usage of memory for
>background processes?
>We thought this could a problem with a patch not applied on the Solaris.
 We