Re: Help in Installation of Oracle 7.3.3 on Sun Sparc Solaris 2.5.1

From: Rashid KArimov <rashid_at_IDT.NET>
Date: 1997/08/11

    I'd say it's normal, I've just checked the sizes of these processes     on local Entreprise 4000 under SOl 2.5.x .

    What kind of bottleneck exactly does it create ? Unless you want to see     some heavy swapping activity on that system, going with at least 256M of     RAM is your safest bet.

    Rashid.

rajs_at_meghdoot.mastek.com wrote:
: Hi Everyone!!!
: I am facing a very unique problem. Our installation of ORacle 7.3.3 on Sun SParc
: Solaris 2.5.1 is running into problems.
: After the default installation, we have found the 4 mandatory processes
: DBWR, SMON, PMON and LGWR take around 26M of memory. This is creating a
: bottle-neck for us.
: Are there any tuning parameters to reduce this high usage of memory for
: background processes?
: We thought this could a problem with a patch not applied on the Solaris. We
: applied the patch reinstalled Oracle.
: The problem still persists!!!!!!!!
: Please throw light on this matter. Help needed desperately

: Awaiting a reply
: Rajs