Help in Installation of Oracle 7.3.3 on Sun Sparc Solaris 2.5.1

From: <rajs_at_meghdoot.mastek.com>
Date: 1997/08/10

Hi Everyone!!!
I am facing a very unique problem. Our installation of ORacle 7.3.3 on Sun SParc Solaris 2.5.1 is running into problems.
After the default installation, we have found the 4 mandatory processes DBWR, SMON, PMON and LGWR take around 26M of memory. This is creating a bottle-neck for us.
Are there any tuning parameters to reduce this high usage of memory for background processes?
We thought this could a problem with a patch not applied on the Solaris. We applied the patch reinstalled Oracle.
The problem still persists!!!!!!!!
Please throw light on this matter. Help needed desperately

Awaiting a reply
Rajs Received on Sun Aug 10 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT