Re: Backup software for Oracle, NT, and Exchange

From: Eugene Gardner <E.Gardner_at_VaxMan.prestel.co.uk>
Date: 1997/08/02

> Hi! I was wondering if anyone would care to share their opnions on a
> good backup package to use for backing up Oracle, NT, and Exchange.
> We're currently using Backup Exec, but I'm a bit disappointed with
> their tape management capabilities and file database.

We were using Backup Exec too until we found several unfortunate features. Main problem was that when in Archive mode, i.e. backup and delete all archived redo logs, it recompiled its file list after the backup - result: all redo logs created since it started got deleted. We will probably go with ARCserve now. Received on Sat Aug 02 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT