Re: Oracle WAS 3.0 Beta for NT..... help

From: steve shiflett <steven.p.shiflett_at_lmco.com>
Date: 1997/08/02

Kurt Dean wrote:

> Hi,
>
> We have recently installed Oracle Web Application Server 3.0 beta for NT,
> and can only seem to connect to it using Internet Explorer 2.0. If we
> connect with any other browser, the server replies "Did not specify a valid
> virtual host". What is this? It'd be nice if we could configure the
> listener, but when the link is selected, the browser just freezes. Anyone
> else see this problem or have any ideas?
>
> Kurt Dean
> WEA Manufacturing
> kurt_dean_at_wmg.com

I experienced the same thing. Looking at the HTML source carefully, you will find that Netscape allows you to do some things wrong... and IE allows some things to be done wrong... but other things they will refuse to display. You need to be careful when writing the scripts. My guess is that if you look carefully at your HTML you will find some small error that works with NN but not with IE

Steve Received on Sat Aug 02 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT