Re: Help needed:SQL Net 2.3, NT 4.0, named pipes adaptor

From: Greg Vitetzakis <vitetg_at_cam.org>
Date: 1997/07/30

If you are connecting to the server via TCP/IP I'm assuming you specify the server name in the TNSNAMES.ORA file.
Make sure the servers name and its associated IP address is defined in your HOSTS file of the workstation.
Its located in the WINNT\system32\...\etc\hosts (I'm running 95 so i cant remember the exact file system struct!)

Hope this helps.

Greg

Michael Haldey <michaelh_at_zipper.zip.com.au> wrote in article <5rfp96$h8c$1_at_the-fly.zip.com.au>...