Help needed:SQL Net 2.3, NT 4.0, named pipes adaptor

From: Michael Haldey <michaelh_at_zipper.zip.com.au>
Date: 1997/07/27

Hello,

        I have installed SQL Net 2.3 (which is a part of Oracle Server 7.3) on Windows NT 4.0 workstation and encountered the following problem.

I've installed both TCP/IP and named pipes adaptors and I can tnsping database via TCP/IP (localhost) but I can't do it with named pipes - the OS tries to 'dial up' the server.

Server name is specified in the 'Network' regime of Control Panel, nbtstat sees it under Netbios names, it is specified in the tnsnames.ora file and listnere.ora file.

Any ideas what could be wrong?

Thanks in advance. I'll summarise if enough response.

Michael Received on Sun Jul 27 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT