Re: Insufficient Priviledges Problem

From: Nick Butcher <nickb_at_btinternet.com>
Date: 1997/07/29

Anonymous <nobody_at_REPLAY.COM> wrote in article <199707281532.RAA08165_at_basement.replay.com>...

> Hello All!
>
> I have generated creation scripts using Database Design Wizard in
Designer 2000. I tried running them and I get numerous error. I tried running the first one to create my Database. It comes back with Insufficient priviledges and won't work. I have gone into the Oracle Navigator and granted myself every priv. and role possible and it still won't work. I am using Personal Oracle 7.3.

> Any ideas or where I can look for info?
>
> TIA!
>
> Kelly
> kgrigg_at_acxiom.com
>
> ps. please CC by mail too. Our newsfeed isn't the greatest....

I don't know if this is of any use but:
I recently wrote some dynamic sql scripts to build tables and a partition view on the fly.
When I ran the scripts I got the same message, even though I had been granted the DBA role. When I called Oracle they told me that to do this I need to have the privileges granted to me EXPLICITLY and NOT via a role. I typed 'GRANT CREATE TABLE TO my_user' and 'GRANT CREATE VIEW TO my_user' and lo and behold it worked.
Try it out Received on Tue Jul 29 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT