Re: Insufficient Priviledges Problem

From: Robert W. Swisshelm <swisshelm_at_lilly.com>
Date: 1997/07/28

Anonymous wrote:

> Hello All!
>
> I have generated creation scripts using Database Design Wizard in Designer 2000. I tried running them and I get numerous error. I tried
 running the first one

> Any ideas or where I can look for info?
>
> TIA!
>
> Kelly
> kgrigg_at_acxiom.com
>
> ps. please CC by mail too. Our newsfeed isn't the greatest....

It depends on what you are doing. Some activities can only be performed by the object owner. Grants are an example of this.

Suppose you logged on as SYSTEM and executed these commands.

create table scott.test ( column1 number); grant select on scott.test to public;

The first command would execute, but you would get: 'ORA-01031: insufficient privileges' on the second command.

The only solution that I know of is to log is as scott to execute the script.

Hope this helps.

--
Bob Swisshelm
Eli Lilly and Company