Re: NEWBIE Question on Oracle Backup - Please Help

From: SatarNag <satarnag_at_aol.com>
Date: 1997/07/29

>My question is this: I've checked the Oracle book documentation
>and couldn't find references to "obackup". Does anyone know if
>perhaps it is either supplied by OmniBack or that it is a
>little known undocumented software by Oracle ?

Dear Sir/Ma'am:
Oracle has thier own Back-up tool, which to my opinion is the best. You are able to back-up tables, indexes, whole database, ect... with a click of a mouse button. It is called "Oracle Backup Manager", and Oracle does provide documentation for it. "obackup" sounds like a third party software, and I never ran across it in the Oracle DBA Master's program.

Satar Naghshineh
(very) Entry-level Oracle DBA Received on Tue Jul 29 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT