NEWBIE Question on Oracle Backup - Please Help

From: Pin Pin <gohchan_at_pacific.net.sg>
Date: 1997/07/29

Dear Database Backup Gurus,

I am looking for backup solutions of large Oracle databases and am wondering about this utility which is described in an OmniBack document called "obackup". Apparently, "obackup" is the Oracle backup and restore utility which can be started by OmniBack. This "obackup" utility reads a config file that specfies the data to be backed-up and this data is sent via backup APIs to the OmniBack II. OmniBack II then runs a special agent on those systems where Oracle on-line backup is required.

My question is this: I've checked the Oracle book documentation and couldn't find references to "obackup". Does anyone know if perhaps it is either supplied by OmniBack or that it is a little known undocumented software by Oracle ?

Thank-you and best regards, hope to hear from you and if there are any other backup solutions that you think can backup to large Digital Linear Tape carousels or libraries, please let me know...

Warmest regards, Received on Tue Jul 29 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT