can't see oracle db with delphi 3???

From: Jeremy and Sharon Cope <thecopes_at_ihug.co.nz>
Date: 1997/07/18

When using the Database Explorer in Delphi 3 (client server) running on windows 95 I can connect to an oracle 7.3 database (using oracle for windows 95 locally and sql net 2.3) running on an NT 4 server and see the list of tables on the dictionary tab but nothing else.

I can't expand the database on the database tab.

I can't see any other Oracle objects such as stored procedures, indexes etc

I'm trying to call a stored procedure but it doesn't work, possibly because it can't find it?

When I import the Oracle data dictionary all the tables are imported but then it falls over with an address violation exception. This has happened every time.

Does anyone have any suggestions or similar experiences?

Appreciate any help..

Regards
Jeremy Cope
IntraHealth Systems Limited
Auckland
New Zealand... Received on Fri Jul 18 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT