Re: Slowing down Oracle 7.3 on SCO OpenServer-5

From: Stan Towianski <stantow_at_ibm.net>
Date: 1997/07/17

Hi,

Something that happened to us that unexplainedly doubled our oracle times:

We have EMC hard drives and they have a daemon process you need to run in order to run one of their programs to communicate with their drive array: mifd

Well I don't know why but I finally found that this process was soaking up about 96% or 98% of cpu time! and when I killed it, because it does not need to be running all the time, things went back to normal. On HP Unix I used 'top' command to tell me cpu usage by process.

This might not be your problem if you say oracle works ok at first. But then again...

Also try 'sar 3 5' if you have unix.

(posted newsgroup reply and sent email)

stantow_at_ibm.net Received on Thu Jul 17 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT