Slowing down Oracle 7.3 on SCO OpenServer-5

From: Edward W. Vergragt <E.W.Vergragt_at_inter.nl.net>
Date: 1997/07/17

We have an Oracle-application (Pro*SQL) running against an Oracle 7.3 instance. Everything workt really fast directly after startup of the instance. After several days the preformance of ALL applications deteriorate....

The effect is that the COMMIT after several transactions is very slow. Normally you update some records in SQL*Plus. When entering COMMIT, the command is executing very fast. In our situation, the time between asking for a commit and the actual commit takes a long time (eg. several seconds). After shutting down the instance and re-starting it, performance is OK. Some time later, the whole thing starts again...

Does anybody has any ideas what to do? We would like to monitor something in order to find out what is causing this to happen.....

Thanks in advance

SWM Automatisering
Bussum, Netherlands

Edward W. Vergragt
edward_at_swm.nl
Edward W. Vergragt
SWM Automatisering - Bussum, the Netherlands vergragt_at_inter.NL.net

programmatuur voor handel in bulk-goederen (commodities), gebaseerd op het Oracle RDBMS software for commodity-traders, trafficers, Oracle-based Received on Thu Jul 17 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT