Password tools for Oracle 7.x

From: Simon Maufe <maufe_at_daugherty.com>
Date: 1997/07/03

What tools are people using to manage user logons/passwords? We've counted 145 databases on 45 different boxes and it's getting time consuming (the 1997 understatement of the year) maintaining all the id's.

We'd ideally like a tool to give to an admin type to 'copy users', so if a new person starts they say 'I need the same access as person YYY' and voila! The userid and roles and privileges are copied amongst all instances. So I'm looking for a tool that treats a user as a user across instances... password expiration, password expiration, global profile/role changes would be good.

Thanks ! Simon snmauf_at_monsanto.com

--
Any comments or statements made are not necessarily those of Monsanto
Corporation, its subsidaries or affiliates.