Re: Password tools for Oracle 7.x

From: Thor HW <thor_at_echidna.net>
Date: 1997/07/04

We're currently in test with ANO and Kerberos. Kerberos gives us an external authentication mechanism that all the databases (we have 50 of them) can refer to in a common way. This meets your " password expiration" and even allows some default rules and 'good' password choice checking.

For account creation we use OEM, which gives us the 'create account like' ability. We don't have a 'off the shelf' tool for creating accounts say on 12 of our databases at once, we've had to script that ourselves, or some of our application managers use OEM to just drag users around the system.

Thor HW Received on Fri Jul 04 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT