Re: Webserver 2.1 - wrbx processes not shutting down

From: Phil Herring <revdoc_at_uow.edu.au>
Date: 1997/06/10

In article <3396EE7E.2315_at_uswest.com> Steven M. Bray, sbray_at_uswest.com writes:
>I am running Webserver 2.1 on a Sparc, connecting to a remote database
>via the OWA cartridge. According to the documentation, the WRB
>dispatcher should create and destroy the wrbx processes as needed.
>Unfortunately, I see them created, but they never go away. [...]

Yep. Users are clicking the "stop" button in Netscape during OWA execution. You can easily try this yourself if you have a test server handy that no-one else is using. Reload OWS, then execute several OWA calls from Netscape, clicking "stop" before they complete. Watch those wrb processes pile up! This occurs with both remote and local databases.

Versions that I used to test this:

	Solaris 2.5.1 for SPARC
	RDBMS 7.2
	Oracle Web Server 2.1

Does anyone have a solution for this, apart from periodically cleaning up old WRB processes?

Copyright 1997 Phil Herring. This article may not be reproduced for profit.