Webserver 2.1 - wrbx processes not shutting down

From: Steven M. Bray <sbray_at_uswest.com>
Date: 1997/06/05

I am running Webserver 2.1 on a Sparc, connecting to a remote database via the OWA cartridge. According to the documentation, the WRB dispatcher should create and destroy the wrbx processes as needed. Unfortunately, I see them created, but they never go away. By midnight when nobody is on, I have reached the maximum number of wrbx processes as specified on the WRB administration screen. I'm currently running a script at midnight to shut down the listener (which does kill the wrbx processes) and restart the listener. I don't believe I should have 200+ wrbx processes active when there is no activity. Does anyone have a suggestion as to what is going on and how to get the dispatcher to actually remove these obsolete wrbx processes?

Any help would be appreciated.

Steve Bray
sbray_at_uswest.com Received on Thu Jun 05 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT