Partition view limitations, suggestions?

From: JP Soria <jpsoria_at_saxe.com>
Date: 1997/06/05

Oracle 7.3, Solaris 5.5

We have a table that contains 48 months of historic data, that we wish to eventually create partition views on. Are there any limitations to how many partitions you can create. In this case it would be best if we could constrain on month, which means we would have 48 partition views. Performance would seem better, but would it be easier to manage 4 views?

--
JP Soria
Jr. Oracle7 DBA