Re: Newbie seeking help on performance tuning - Oracle 7.3 Server, NT4, Dual PPro 180, 64Meg

From: Ken Geng <ken.geng_at_cbis.com>
Date: 1997/05/21

WPL wrote:
.>
.> Thanks, people, for helping.
.>
.> I have determined that my SGA is only 7Megs. With the 20meg
.database,
.> it's not enough. I played with the instance manager and try to
change
.> the startup parameters, but oracle doesn't seem to like it. Here is
.> what I did.
.>
.> I first tried to login sys or system as SYSDBA or SYSOPER, but
.> according to instance manager i didn't have the right to
.> shutdown/startup. Some people have suggested to me to use INTERNAL
.> login. It worked, for shutdown. But when I tried to use instance
.> manager to startup.. it complained about insufficient privilege
again.