Re: Advice needed on large database project

From: Aleksei Kac <alex_at__NOSPAM_Eaglechair.com>
Date: 1997/05/05

In article <5k27n4$3s4$1_at_gaia.ns.utk.edu>, fty_at_hickory.engr.utk.edu (Jay Flaherty) wrote:

: Thomas Lund (lund_at_id.dk) wrote:
: : Vipul S. wrote:
: : > =

: : > check out msql. you will find the link from yahoo .
: :
: : Or even better (IMHO) MySQL on www.tcx.se
: :
: : It's faster than msql
:
: Not only is it faster than mSQL but more robust and basically free.
: check out these features:
: Main features of MySQL
: ======================
:
: * ODBC Open-DataBase-Connectivity for Windows95 (with source).
:
:
: * Can handle big databases (we are using MySQL with some databases
: with 50,000,000 records).
:
:
:
: Also, there is a very active user community via the MySQL listserv.
:
: Jay (just a very happy customer of MySQL)
:

Ah, but no Mac ODBC driver? Bummer. And how would it handle about 20,000 requests from it per day coming from a couple hundred users?

--
Web Information Solutions <http://www.ProMotors.com/wis.html> <mailto:alex@EagleChair.com>

Just take the _spam_ out of my email to reply...