Re: Advice needed on large database project

From: Piercarlo Grandi <pcg_at_aber.ac.uk>
Date: 1997/05/04

>>> "vipul" == Vipul S <vipul_at_intrack.com> writes:

>> Can anyone recommend a good, solid SQL server/web development system
>> that runs on BSDI or FreeBSD?

vipul> check out msql. you will find the link from yahoo .

I have used it recently and it is a mickey mouse tool. In particular it does not do any sort of decent query planning and thus performance on things like joins can be terrifyingly bad. If you use it for small database and as a flat file tool with an SQL-like syntax it's fine though. Received on Sun May 04 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT