Re: Cascade update

From: Simon <jb85_at_dial.pipex.com>
Date: 1997/05/01

tkyte_at_us.oracle.com (Thomas Kyte) wrote:

>also, in a future release of oracle, you will be able to defer the
>validiation of constraints until commit time, allowing you to more
>flexibly cascade an update.

One of the most frustrating aspects of using Designer 2000 is that you can happily specify Update Rule "Cascade", but then D2K spits out errors and fails to generate foreign keys correctly because "Cascade Update is not supported in the server".

It would be very high on my "wish" list for Oracle 8 that the server would support cascade updates!!

--
Simon Holt --  System Designer/DBA
** My opinions are not nescessarily those of my employers **