Re: Install Oracle 7.3 with SQL*NET 1 listener

From: <reinhajh_at_iac.net>
Date: 1997/04/23

Andrew Protasov <protasov_at_percombank.kiev.ua> wrote:

>> As per my understanding, SQL*NET V1 is not supported and will not work
>> with Oracle 7.3
>>
>> Vijay Nair
>>

>Yes, certainly I know that SQL*NET V1 listener is not included in
>Oracle 7.3 package. But there were two messages in this conference
>some time ago about how to setup SQL*NET V1 listener from previous Oracle
>releases (7.1, 7.2) with Oracle RDBMS 7.3. I tried this with OS/2, but
>listener can't start process during connect. Why? Are there any hacks
>to solve this problem?

> Andrew Protasov

When last I spoke with ORACLE Support (28-Mar-97) they said that all support for SQL*Net V1 had been removed from the ORACLE 7.3 server. I had called them because the installation guide for my version (Netware) had implied that you could still use SQL*Net V1 by copying the current setup to the V7.3 directories. However it appears that the documentation is outdated.

                        John H. Reinhardt Received on Wed Apr 23 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT