Re: Install Oracle 7.3 with SQL*NET 1 listener

From: Andrew Protasov <protasov_at_percombank.kiev.ua>
Date: 1997/04/18

> As per my understanding, SQL*NET V1 is not supported and will not work
> with Oracle 7.3
>
> Vijay Nair

Yes, certainly I know that SQL*NET V1 listener is not included in Oracle 7.3 package. But there were two messages in this conference some time ago about how to setup SQL*NET V1 listener from previous Oracle releases (7.1, 7.2) with Oracle RDBMS 7.3. I tried this with OS/2, but listener can't start process during connect. Why? Are there any hacks to solve this problem?

                                   Andrew Protasov