Re: redo copy latch

From: Guy Harrison <gharriso_at_werple.net.au>
Date: 1997/03/17

Randy,

LOG_ENTRY_PREBUILD_THRESHOLD has now become "undocumented" and is preceeded by an underscore: _LOG_ENTRY_PREBUILD_THRESHOLD.

I think your problem is that you've set LOG_SMALL_ENTRY_MAX_SIZE to 0. This causes all redo entries to be made on the redo allocation latch. If you want all copies to be made on the redo copy latch set LOG_SMALL_ENTRY_MAX_SIZE to 1. Note that this doesn't "eliminate" gets on redo allocation latch: it just reduces the amount of time the allocation latch is held.

Guy

Guy Harrison
gharriso_at_werple.net.au
http://werple.net.au/~gharriso
(61) 0419 377 964

Randy H. Julien <julienr_at_ncr.disa.mil> wrote in article
<33285DD7.3031_at_ncr.disa.mil>...