Database Link HELP

From: Mickg71 <mickg71_at_aol.com>
Date: 1997/03/16

Windows WorkGroup Server 7.3.2.2 on two Windows NT 4.0 workstations in peer to peer network using Named Pipes. SQLPLUS after a connect says that the distributed option has been installed.

   CONNECT USERID/PASSWORD_at_III.WORLD Why can't I use the following database link   CREATE PUBLIC DATABASE LINK III.WORLD
  CONNECT TO SYSTEM IDENTIFIED BY MANAGER   USING 'III.WORLD'; The link gets created, but when I exercise it with   SELECT table_name from tabs_at_III.WORLD;

The system responds with an UNABLE to CONNECT message. Received on Sun Mar 16 1997 - 00:00:00 CST