Re: Database Link HELP

From: Michael Serbanescu <mserban_at_postoffice.worldnet.att.net>
Date: 1997/03/18

The problem may be the .WORLD. Create the database link without the .WORLD. Check the sqlnet.ora for a paramater called something like '..domain_name...' and whose value is 'world'. When sqlnetV2 tries to resolve database link names (or service names, for that matter), it automatically appends the .<value> of the parameter in sqlnet.ora; therefore, as far as sqlnetV2 is concerned, your database link name is III.WORLD.WORLD, hence the error message.

I hope this helps.

Michael Serbanescu
Senior Consultant, MIACO Corporation