Re: Upgrading 7.2 to 7.3 non-ofa

From: Thomas J. Kyte <tkyte_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: 1997/03/07

On Thu, 06 Mar 1997 15:39:11 -0800, Robert Cordingley <cord_at_zoom.com> wrote:

>Okay, this is probably obvious. Is there any way to upgrade from 7.2
>to 7.3 in a non-OFA setup WITHOUT doing a full export/import? The
>lovely orainst program doesn't offer to upgrade the database for me
>and it's not obvious which scripts I should run to do the upgrade
>manually. I've searched metallink for a white paper or something,
>but the only advice I've found is the imp/exp thing. Does anybody
>have any productive advice or am I stuck trying to find 20gb of spare
>disk in my shop?
>
> Robert

What platform are you on? When I went from 7.2 to 7.3, I just upgraded and it (orainst) ran it for me.... It's under "Upgrade Existing Database Objects" in the installer list of things to do (the screen after running orainst, selecting the oracle_home, and saying it's ok to overwrite the last log generated).

If you upgraded the software already, the server migration guide tells you what scripts to run if you want to do it by handl. For example (from the Oracle7 Server Migration Manual)

Upgrading
From To Script to Run

7.0.11 7.0.12 CAT712.SQL
7.0.12 7.0.13 CAT713.SQL
7.0.13 7.0.14 CAT714.SQL
7.0.14 7.0.15 none
7.0.15 7.0.16 none
7.0.16 7.1.1  CAT70101.SQL
7.1.1 7.1.2   CAT70102.SQL
7.1.2 7.1.3   CAT7103.SQL
7.1.3 7.1.4   none
7.1.4 7.1.5   none
7.1.5 7.1.6   CAT7106.SQL
7.1.6 7.2.1   CAT7201.SQL
7.2.1 7.2.2   CAT7202.SQL
7.2.2 7.2.3   CAT7203.SQL
7.2.3 7.3.1   CAT7301.SQL
7.3.1 7.3.2   CAT7302.SQL

hope this helps...

Thomas Kyte
Oracle Government
tkyte_at_us.oracle.com

http://govt.us.oracle.com

statements and opinions are mine and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Oracle Corporation Received on Fri Mar 07 1997 - 00:00:00 CST