Re: Upgrading 7.2 to 7.3 non-ofa

From: Robert Cordingley <cord_at_ragesoft.com>
Date: 1997/03/08

On Fri, 07 Mar 1997 04:12:21 GMT, tkyte_at_us.oracle.com (Thomas J. Kyte) wrote:

>What platform are you on? When I went from 7.2 to 7.3, I just upgraded and it
>(orainst) ran it for me.... It's under "Upgrade Existing Database Objects" in
>the installer list of things to do (the screen after running orainst, selecting
>the oracle_home, and saying it's ok to overwrite the last log generated).

As far as I know, if you're not using OFA then the installer will not be so gracious as to offer to upgrade your database for you.

>If you upgraded the software already, the server migration guide tells you what
>scripts to run if you want to do it by handl. For example (from the Oracle7
>Server Migration Manual)
>
>Upgrading
>From To Script to Run
>7.0.11 7.0.12 CAT712.SQL
>7.0.12 7.0.13 CAT713.SQL
>7.0.13 7.0.14 CAT714.SQL
>7.0.14 7.0.15 none
>7.0.15 7.0.16 none
>7.0.16 7.1.1 CAT70101.SQL
>7.1.1 7.1.2 CAT70102.SQL
>7.1.2 7.1.3 CAT7103.SQL
>7.1.3 7.1.4 none
>7.1.4 7.1.5 none
>7.1.5 7.1.6 CAT7106.SQL
>7.1.6 7.2.1 CAT7201.SQL
>7.2.1 7.2.2 CAT7202.SQL
>7.2.2 7.2.3 CAT7203.SQL
>7.2.3 7.3.1 CAT7301.SQL
>7.3.1 7.3.2 CAT7302.SQL
In addition to the scripts above (which are cumulative, btw) you also need to follow up by running:

CATALOG.SQL
CATPROC.SQL
CATREP.SQL If you're not running replication at all then you don't need CATREP.SQL and if you're not running the procedural option (are you THAT strange?) then you don't need CATPROC.SQL.

If you want to roll back from 7.3 to whatever, you can look for CAT7xxxD.SQL files. You run them in reverse order, shut down, start up with the old executables, then run the three scripts I mentioned above. I'm not sure how far back you can go this way, but (according to oracle support) you can roll back from 7.3.2.3 to 7.2.2.0 at least. Received on Sat Mar 08 1997 - 00:00:00 CST