Re: Oracle Install on Unix ( for a VMS person )

From: oracle <oracle_at_nightmare.com>
Date: 1997/02/03

Noodles wrote:

> The subject says it all. We just bought an SGI O2 running IRIX 6.x. I've
> previously supported our Oracle databases on an AXP box running OpenVMS
> 6.1. For creating database instances on the VMS side, there was a real
> neat DCL script to run which took take of a lot of the default init.ora
> parameters and created the VMS OS-level directory structure for you.
>
> Does the Unix version of Oracle have a shell script which can create
> database instances ? I obviously don't have the Oracle Unix license and
> media distribution yet, but I thought I'd ask to see whether I'd better
> brush up on my "create database" syntax and parameters.
>
> TIA,
> Cliff Buetikofer
> (cbuetikofer_at_isinet.com)
> -------------------------
> From a new father:
> The one who wears the diapers,... Rules.

Yes it does. The scripts are in $ORACLE_HOME/install on older than 7.3 versions of the rdbms. On 7.3 and higher they are in $ORACLE_HOME/rdbms/install/sql

The scripts to pay attention to are:

  crdb.orc
  crdb2.orc
  init.orc
  cnfg.orc

These are the scripts that the installer uses to create and instance. Received on Mon Feb 03 1997 - 00:00:00 CST