Re: Oracle Install on Unix ( for a VMS person )

From: Scott Kelley <skelley_at_online.disney.com>
Date: 1997/02/03

> Does the Unix version of Oracle have a shell script which can create
> database instances ? I obviously don't have the Oracle Unix license

  The Oracle installer give you the option of creating a small database, which you can then extend. I think you will find the Unix version significantly easier to install (there is a nice Motif version if you use "orainst /m"). The installation manual is a bit initimidating, so I wouldn't go through it step by step. But do be sure to have your kernel parameters set as specified.

--

	Scott Kelley (skelley_at_online.disney.com)
	Webmaster/Database Admistrator for Disney Online

/*I don't know what I'm talking about and neither does the Disney Co.*/