Oracle Install on Unix ( for a VMS person )

From: Noodles <noodles_at_aol.com>
Date: 1997/02/03

The subject says it all. We just bought an SGI O2 running IRIX 6.x. I've previously supported our Oracle databases on an AXP box running OpenVMS 6.1. For creating database instances on the VMS side, there was a real neat DCL script to run which took take of a lot of the default init.ora parameters and created the VMS OS-level directory structure for you.

Does the Unix version of Oracle have a shell script which can create database instances ? I obviously don't have the Oracle Unix license and media distribution yet, but I thought I'd ask to see whether I'd better brush up on my "create database" syntax and parameters.

TIA,
Cliff Buetikofer
(cbuetikofer_at_isinet.com)

From a new father:
The one who wears the diapers,... Rules.