Index tablespace reorg

From: Unknown <zgeist_at_ee.ee.net>
Date: 1997/01/23

Greetings all -

I have a slew of indexes in a tablespace that I wish to reorganize (and increase in size). I don't want to use ALTER TABLESPACE ADD DATAFILE as I would rather just make a new, single file to hold all the information.

Anyway, my problem is that the related data files are in various other tablespaces and are not in need of reorganization. Is there an easy way to generate the needed CREATE INDEX statements to recreate the indexes after I drop/recreate the tablespace ? I am unaware of any way to just export the index segments in that tablespace and re-import them to the new tablespace.

The only way I can think of doing this is via the DBA_IND_COLUMNS and DBA_INDEX views and creating some SQL commands from that. Am I totally confused ?

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Brett Cunningham
zgeist_at_ee.net Received on Thu Jan 23 1997 - 00:00:00 CST