Re: Index tablespace reorg

From: diversif <diversif_at_ix.netcom.com>
Date: 1997/01/24

If you take a full export (rows=N, you don't need the data), then execute

    imp {userid/pswd} indexfile={filename} file={export filename}

this will create a file {filename} that has the DDL for tables (commented out), and all the Index DDL. You can then edit this file and strip out the 'stuff' you don't need.
Just run it like a Sql script after dropping all the indexes that you wish to rebuild.

Hope this helps.

--
My views are my views! You can have your own.
               ___  O 0

Unknown <zgeist_at_ee.ee.net> wrote in article <5c8bqd$ee9_at_news1.ee.net>...

> Greetings all -
>
> I have a slew of indexes in a tablespace that I wish to reorganize
> (and increase in size). I don't want to use ALTER TABLESPACE ADD
DATAFILE