Re: Oracle tuning on Windows NT

From: Ian Sparkes <isparkes_at_analysts.com>
Date: 1997/01/22

How much data are you pushing through the system ?

Are the inserts being done by a utility or a person ?

One problem found on PC class machines is the speed of the bus, typically 33MHz on Pentium machines. If you are using a utility to load data, then it is quite possible to swamp the bus while doing little DB I/O. Basically the data can't get from memory to the cpu fast enough.

If your data is being input by a human then we need to look elsewhere, possibly the index structure ? Received on Wed Jan 22 1997 - 00:00:00 CST