Re: Oracle tuning on Windows NT

From: Roger Snowden <rsnowden_at_labinterlink.com>
Date: 1997/01/22

An 8 meg SGA is pretty small. And, 95% inserts is really high. How come no disk activity with all those inserts? How big is the shared pool? Are you getting lots of reloads? If so, check to see if you are using bind variables in all cases. Use sql trace and tkprof to check this out. Also, you might have a really slow network. tcp/ip or netbeui? Ipx? Fast or slow ethernet? how many nodes, etc.? any network contention? Check NT's resource monitor. What are you competing with on the machine? Check the system setup and 'task switching' to make sure that foreground and background get the same priority. Just a few thought and stabs off the top of my head.

Roger

Brian M. Biggs <bbiggs_at_cincom.com> wrote in article <32E66973.1C62_at_cincom.com>...